I started reading a book the other night called “Spirituality and Leadership”. It’s much better than I expected, quite honestly. I’d like to share some bits of it with you below:
- Dynamic organizations know that their strongest assets and liabilities are people.
- Effective leaders are social artists, they’re both adapters to environmental influences and culture sculptors.
- Management is about maintaining and doing things right. Leadership is about progressing and doing the right things.
- Leadership is not so much what is achieved, but how things are achieved.
- Leaders are people who consistently recognize when leading is needed.
I’ve read quite a few books on leadership, which means I read a lot of the same thing over and over and over. These are rather unique insights, however, and things that I’ll take away from this book that I can’t said of learned before.