I got my iPad about 4 months ago, and I love it. Working in digital marketing, it comes in handy at work. The games help me get my mind off things when I get home. There are all sorts of awesome things goin on with it.
With that, thought I’d share with you my favorites, broken down by the folders I have them in. I love me some folders on my iPad.
The links are right to the app store - so just view this on your iPad and you can download ‘em right there!
- Kindle - This is an obvious one if you ask me. I have an actual Kindle as well, but for anything with pictures, or PDFs, this app rocks.
- Bible - By YouVersion. Incorporates reading plans, highlighting, note-taking and social sharing. Easily the best Bible app out there.
- ESPN ScoreCenter - I don’t have cable, so I use this app in the morning to get my highlight videos. Also great for keeping up with the night’s scores.
- USA Today - This is a visually nice app for scanning headlines.
- CNN - This is the app if you want news in video form.
- News360 - This one is cool because it curates headlines from multiple major news sources and rates them into the most important news.
- TIME Magazine - If you have a paper subscription, or know a friend/family member with one, you can take advantage of the free digital editions, which are BEAUTIFUL.
- StumbleUpon - I love stumbling.
- TED - Great when you have 15-20 minutes to kill.
- Wikipanion - Sometimes better than just Google for answering life’s important questions.
- MyFitnessPal - Awesome for keeping track of calories and exercise. You can enter anything (Starbucks Cinnamon Scone) and it tells you the exact nutrition info (way too many calories and grams of sugar).
- Evernote - Probably the best app for syncing notes across all your digital devices.
- Clibe - I haven’t found a definite use yet, but it just looks really cool. Gets Moleskine notebooks on your iPad.
- Twitter - A beautiful iPad app.
- Facebook - Very nice, but waiting for Timeline to show up on the app.
- LinkedIn - Using the iPhone app, actually, but it’s pretty nice. I’m hoping LinkedIn comes out with an iPad app this year.
- Skype - Great for video-ing with friends and family, and the chat is nice too.
- Tout - A relatively new social network, but with a pretty good app for short video sharing.
- Yammer - Awesome intranet network for the workplace. Their app rocks.
- Angry Birds - Along with every other person on the planet, I see this as a must.
- Six Towers - A fun puzzle/logic game. The $.99 upgrade is well worth it to get one million puzzles.
- Harbor Master HD - I love me some line-drawing games. The app is free, along with one map, but I think it’s worth it to buy additional ones for $.99 a piece.
- Farkle Deluxe - My wife and I love playing Farkle in real life. The light version of this can provide some quality entertainment.
- NinJump Deluxe - The pro version is worth it. Fun if you need a few minutes to kill.
- Temple Run - A really well designed game, and incredibly addicting. And it’s free.
- Flight Control HD - Another great line-drawing game. It’s normally $5, but often goes on sale, so keep an eye out.
- Bejeweled - This is $.99 and an iPhone app, but it rocks nonetheless.
- TripAdvisor - A must. Such a great app for finding restaurants and fun things to do.
- The Weather Channel - I don’t use this app a whole lot because I have it on my phone, but it’s a great one when you need it.
- World Atlas - A National Geographic production. Costs a couple bucks, but it’s cool for map nerds like me.
- Wi-Fi Finder - This one rocks. It’s free, and you can download to your iPad a database of places in the country with free wi-fi. And it doesn’t take much space.
- TV Guide - Honestly one of my most-used apps. Is that sad?
- Dropbox - Just awesome. And so easy to use. Will download PDFs right into Kindle or iBooks.
- Scan - I don’t often scan QR codes with my iPad, but this comes in handy when I do.
- Wells Fargo - Just an iPhone app, but it’s awesome for easy transfers on the fly and checking balances.
- Pandora - This one feels obvious.
- Netflix - Very nice recent update makes searching for movies and shows super easy. I’m one of the few who is still very happy with my Netflix service.
I think that should do it for now. I’ll post more when I come across more.
What are your faves that I’m missing? Let me know here in the comments or on Twitter!